February $5,000 Cash Giveaway - Official Rules
Copyright 2021 Lampo Group, LLC, all rights reserved.
1. Who Is Eligible: You must be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and at least 21 years of age. United States and Tennessee laws will govern the SmartDollar® $5,000 Cash Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Product purchases or other interactions with The Lampo Group, LLC (“Lampo”) will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. See below for more details regarding eligibility restrictions.
2. Who Is Not Eligible: Executives, officers and employees of Lampo or of radio stations carrying The Dave Ramsey Show; Endorsed Local Providers or other vendors of Lampo; persons working on this Sweepstakes at any level in any capacity or working for Lampo or any outside companies or agencies involved in this Sweepstakes; and immediate family members of anyone who falls into any of these categories are not eligible. Immediate family is defined as spouse, children and parents.
3. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes may be entered online. All entries will be treated equally. Enter this Sweepstakes by logging into your SmartDollar® account at www.smartdollar.com any time during the sweepstakes period. Limit one (1) entry per person per day of the Sweepstakes period (1 entry per day for 28 days).
4. Entry Period: Entries will be accepted from February 1, 2021 (12:00 a.m. CT), through February 28, 2021 (11:59 p.m. CT) (“Entry Period”). Limit one entry per person per each day of the Entry Period for a maximum total of 28 entries per person during the Entry Period.
5. Prize(s): One (1) daily prize of $250 for each of the 28 days of February (28 total winners of $250 each), and one (1) grand prize winner of $5,000 at the end of the month.
6. Selection of Winner(s): During the Entry Period, eligible Sweepstakes Entrants will be entered into a random drawing. Each day during the Entry Period one entry will be randomly drawn for a $250 cash prize. On the 28th day, an additional entry will be randomly drawn for the grand prize. The first eligible Entrant drawn each day during the first 27 days of the Entry Period will win a $250 prize. On the 28th day, the first eligible Entrant drawn will win the grand prize and the second eligible Entrant drawn will win a $250 prize. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries. If a prize is forfeited or a winner does not claim a prize, Lampo may, but is not required to, draw an alternate winner. The alternate winner, if any, will be drawn as soon as practicable. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
7. Necessary Availability: Unless otherwise stated herein or prohibited by law, any Entrant who is selected as a winner will be contacted by email by a Ramsey Solutions team member. If any prize e-mail notification is not answered within two (2) business days or is returned as undeliverable; or if a potential winner is unavailable; or if a potential winner is disqualified or otherwise determined to be ineligible or declines to accept a Prize for any reason; or if the potential winner otherwise refuses or fails to comply with the Winner's Obligations listed below; the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries received. Only one (1) alternate potential winner will be drawn for a weekly prize, and if that alternative winner does not claim the prize or is disqualified, the prize will remain un-awarded. The winning Entrants who are successfully contacted by email must also be willing to have their name and prize amount listed should Lampo request this as part of the winner's announcement, unless prohibited by law. By entering, you grant us the right to use and publish your name, likeness, city and state of residence online, in print, email, and any other media in connection with this year's sweepstakes but not as an endorsement of any business or service.
8. Winner’s Obligations: Prize winners are required to execute an affidavit of eligibility as well as a Lampo liability release. Return of a prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Unless prohibited by law, the winner grants to Lampo the right to use and publish their names and appropriate images in print, and in any other media in connection with this Sweepstakes, for advertising and promotional purposes (not as an endorsement of any product or service) without additional compensation. Winners must sign and return an appropriate IRS form, if applicable, before receiving a prize. Winners must satisfy all obligations within seven (7) business days of notice of winning.
9. Incomplete or Multiple Entries: Multiple automated entries, entries submitted by others on your behalf, or entries submitted by you using different identities or addresses will be considered fraudulent, rendering you ineligible for a prize. Incomplete entries will not be eligible to win.
10. Cumulative Prize: The total cumulative value of the Sweepstakes Prize(s) is $12,000 USD.
11. Entries Not Received: Lampo is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become the property of Lampo and will not be returned. Neither product purchases nor email or mobile opt-ins will increase an individual's chances of winning.
12. Taxes: All taxes on a prize are the responsibility of the Prize winner. The winner must sign required IRS forms before receiving a prize. Pursuant to IRS Circular 230, neither these Rules nor any other communication regarding this Sweepstakes is for the purpose of helping you avoid any penalties that may be imposed by federal tax law, and no affected taxpayer may use this Sweepstakes or its Rules in that manner.
13. Entrant's Agreement: By entering, you agree to abide by the terms of these official Rules and by the decisions we make regarding this Sweepstakes, which are final and binding on all matters. If you do not agree to that, please do not enter.
14. Announcing Winner(s): Daily prize winners and the grand prize winner will be contacted during the month of February 2021 and announced on or about March 1, 2021. Winners will be notified of their winnings via email to the contact information associated with their SmartDollar account.
15. Signing Documents: If you win, you will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a release before you receive your prize. If you decide you would rather not sign the release, you will not receive your prize.
16. Entrant's Release: Entrants agree (a) that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any Prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Williamson County, Tennessee; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering but in no event attorney's fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages increased or multiplied. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues or questions concerning validity, construction, interpretation or enforceability of these Rules, Entrant's rights or obligations, or the rights or obligations of Lampo, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to any choice of law Rules.
17. Termination of Sweepstakes: Lampo reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify anyone who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if anything required for its conduct should malfunction or be deemed illegal. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the end of any Entry Period, which we may do at our sole discretion, a notice will be posted on www.smartdollar.com/app/dashboard.
18. Jurisdiction and Venue: Tennessee law applies to this Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited for any reason. All disputes resulting in legal action shall be resolved in the courts of Williamson County, Tennessee, and Entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. Should Lampo find it necessary to seek legal assistance to enforce its rights, its damages, if any, shall include its reasonable legal expenses and fees.
19. Disclaimer: Lampo assumes no responsibility for anything that happens outside of our control to delay or prevent your entry, and we assume no responsibility for anything within our control that delays or prevents your entry except where, by the exercise of ordinary and reasonable care, we could have kept it from happening or promptly corrected it. Lampo assumes no liability whatsoever related to the Prize, including any tax or other issues associated with acceptance, use of the Prize. Lampo is not responsible for any tax implications of the acceptance of the Prize and makes no representation regarding the tax implications of accepting the Prize.
20. Winners List: To learn who won, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Lampo Group, LLC, Attn. SmartDollar® $5,000 Cash Giveaway, 1011 Reams Fleming Boulevard, Franklin, TN 37064. Requests received later than thirty (30) days following the last drawing date will not be filled.
21. The Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by The Lampo Group, LLC, 1011 Reams Fleming Blvd., Franklin, TN 37064.
23. Rights Claimed: This Sweepstakes and these Rules are Copyright 2020 by The Lampo Group, LLC and Lampo Licensing, LLC, and all rights are reserved. All rights to our trademarks and trade names are owned by Lampo Licensing, LLC and its affiliates, and are likewise reserved.